Glossary of Social Studies Europe Chapter 4
Other Decks By This User
- Direct rule of the people
- _______ reached its Golden Age in the 400s B.C.
- empire that ruled land around the Mediterranean Sea
- Greek city-state that was the home to the world's 1st constitution
- Greek word for "love of wisdom"
- The 3 greatest teachers/philosophers of Greece were Socrates,_______, and Aristotle
- In Ancient Greece, Athens greatest rival was the Greek city-state called _______.
- The historical time period for ancient Greece and Rome is called the____ Period.
- The distribution of people, diseases, and ideas around the world is called the _____ _______
- Columbian Exchange
- What leader spread Greek culture throughout southwest Asia and Egypt?
- Alexander the Great
- A Germanic people that France was named after
- The people that England was named after
- period in history when there was a rebirth of knowledge
- groups of protesters that wanted to reform the Catholic Church
- a great center of learning was this city in northern Egypt. This city was created by Alexander the Great
- Name the city that was the capital of Rome during its decline
- Today Constantinople is called ________.
- What Sea is Constantinople/ Istanbul located near?
- With the decline of Rome a new age called the _____ _____ began
- Middle Ages
- Beginning in the A.D. 1000s the church sponsered a series of holy wars called _______
- What were the Christians and the Muslims fighting over in the Crusades?
- What 1450 invention of Johannes Gutenburg made books more numerous and less expensive?
- printing press
- The period of peace and prosperity initiated by Ceasar Augusts was the _____ _______
- Pax Romana
You must Login or Register to add cards