Glossary of Social Studies Chapter 17
Other Decks By This User
- What is China's official name?
- People's Republic of China
- China is the world's 3rd largest country. Name 2 countries that are larger.
- Russia and Canada
- The world's largest plateau is in China. Name it.
- Plateau of Tibet
- The hottest place in China is 505 ft. below sea level. Name it.
- Turban Depression
- China's sand desert is the __________ Desert.
- The _____ Desert is twice the size of Texas. It's made up of rocks instead of sand.
- Located in eastern China, ________ and _______ are two of its largest manufacturing areas.
- Beijing and Shanghai
- Three of Chinas major waterways and plains flow through the plains and southern highlands. Name them.
- Yangtze, Yellow, and Xi
- Why is the Yellow River called China's sorrow?
- ts flooding has caused much damage and killed many people
- What have the Chinese done to control flooding?
- built dikes
- Why does eastern China have so many earthquakes?
- it lies on a fault
- China has been communist since _____
- Name two problems communism created for China.
- fell behind in technology and goods were poor quality
- Currently, China's economy is booming because they have allowed the free enterprise system to take hold. What are 3 features of this system?
- choose own jobs, keep the profits, and grow and sell waht you wish
- How has China's economic growth harmed its environment?
- chemicals in rivers and burning coal pollutes air
- The number one cause of death in China is ______ ________
- lung disease
You must Login or Register to add cards