Glossary of Social Studies, Unit 1, Chap1, Lesson 5: geography terms and concepts
Other Decks By This User
- relative location
- Where a place is, compared to one or more other places on Earth.
- Name four regions based on people's activities.
- 1. political region
2. economic region
3. cultural region
4. population region
- political region
A region in which people share a government and have the same leaders.
- economic region
A region based on the work people do or the products they make.
- cultural region
A region where the main group of people who live there share customs and beliefs, (includes religion).
- population region
A region based on where people live.
- Name the three main regions based on where people live.
- 1. urban (city) region
2. suburban region
3. rural (country) region
- In the past, a crossroads was a place two roads or railroads crossed.
- What activities happen at crossroads?
- People meet to buy and sell, communicate, and rest.
- metropolitan area
A large city and its surrounding suburbs. (Landsat image of Wahington-Baltimore metropolitan area)
- Most large cities are located where?
Most large cities are located where there is water transportation.
- The center of population of The united States has gradually moved __________.
- The center of population of The united States has gradually moved WESTWARD.
- Name the four large regions of the United States based on relative location.
1. the Northeast
2. the South
3. the Middle West
4. the West
You must Login or Register to add cards