Glossary of September SS Vocabulary
Other Decks By This User
- What term is used when people refer to 1/2 of the earth?
- If the earth is divided in half from North Pole to South Pole what hemisphere do we live in?
- Western hemisphere
- If the earth is divided in half at the equator, what hemisphere do we live in?
- Northern hemisphere
- Imaginary lines that run east and west on a map are called...?
- latitude lines
- Imaginary lines that run north and south on a map are called...?
- longitude lines
- What is the name of the scale on a map that shows direction?
- compass rose
- What do you call one of earth's 7 large bodies of land?
- What continent do we live on?
- North America
- What is the name of our country?
- The United States of America
- What is the name of our state?
- New York State
- What is the name of our county?
- Cattaraugus County
- What word means the entire way of life of a people - their customs, beliefs and language
- What is culture?
- What do we call someone who leaves one country to go and live in another country?
- We say that people who share the same customs language, and history are an...
- ethnic group
- If you have formed a negative opinion about someone without proof, we say that is...
- Our country's plan of government is called...
- the Constitution
- A country where the people make the laws and run the government is called a...
- We elect representatives to help us run the government and so the U.S. is a...
- Our national government government in Washington, D.C. can also be called the ___________ government.
- Individual rights of a citizen under the law are called...
- civil rights
- Information that comes from the time being studied is called....
- primary sources
- Information that is written by someone who was not an eyewitness is called...
- secondary sources
- Everyone tells a story from a certain point of view known as...
- Someone who studies history is known as a ....
- The number of people living in an area is its ....
You must Login or Register to add cards