Glossary of SECNAV INST. 5100.13C NAVY MARINE CORP TOBACCO POLICY
Other Decks By This User
- WHAT IS "ETS"
- ENVIRONMENTAL TOBACCO SMOKE ALSO REFFERED TO AS SECOND HAND SMOKE OR PASSIVE SMOKE
- HOWW MANY PEOPLE ARE KILLED ANNUALLY BY TOBACCO SMOKE IN THE UAS?
- 400,000 (19% OF TOTAL DEATHS)
- THE EPA HAS DEEMED ETS WHAT FORM OF CARCINOGEN?
- "GROUP A"
- STATISTICALLY WHO HAS HIGHER ACCIDENT RATES SMOKER'S OR NON-SMOKERS?
- TOBACCO ADVERSELY AFFECTS WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING:
c)WOUND HEALING RATES
d)INCRESED WEAKNESS TO COLD RELATED INJURIES
e) ALL OF THE ABOVE
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE D.O.N. TOBACCO USE POLICY
- to establish appropriate
environmental protective measures to ensure a safe, healthy, and
unpolluted working and living environment.
- Effective 7 December 2002 indoor
designated smoking areas shall:
- be enclosed and exhausted
directly to the outside, located away from air intakes, and
maintained under negative pressure sufficient to contain tobacco
smoke in the designated area.
- WHERE IS SMOKING AUTHORIZED ON SURFACE SHIPS?
- COs will designate one or more weather deck
spaces of surface ships as smoking areas. If weather deck
spaces are not available due to ship configuration or
operational considerations, the CO may designate one or more
normally unmanned spaces within the skin of the ship as smoking
- WHICH AREAS ARE OFF "LIMITS" TO SMOKING REGARDLESS OF VENTILATION?
- work spaces, watch stations, berthing areas,
lounges, messing areas, libraries, ready rooms, exercise areas,
medical areas, spaces in which computing and electronics gear is
- WHAT ARE THE RQUIREMENTS FOR SMOKING SPACES ABOARD A SUBMARINE?
- These spaces must be well ventilated, not in the vicinity of
stationary watch stations.
- IS THE SALE OF TABACCO PRODUCTS THROUGH A VENDING MACHINE ALLOWED ON DON PROPERTY?
- WHEN IS THE USE OF SMOKELESS TOBACCO PROHIBITTED?
- during briefings,
meetings, classes, formations, inspections, and while on watch.
- THE HEALTH RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH TOBACCO, NICOTINE ADDICTION, AND AVAILABILITY OF TOBACCO CESSATION MUST BE PART OF ANY COMMANDS INDOCTRINATION TRUE or FALSE
- TOBACCO USE REFERS TO WHAT?
- Tobacco Use. Includes the use of smoking and smokeless
tobacco (e.g., spit, plug, leaf, snuff, dip, chew).
- WHAT DOES "EPA" STAND FOR?
Protection Agency (EPA)
You must Login or Register to add cards