Glossary of SAT Test Prep Lesson 3, 4, 5, 6
Other Decks By This User
- clever; marked by practical hardheaded intelligence; "a smart businessman"; "an astute tenant always reads the small print in a lease"; "he was too shrewd to go along with them on a road that could lead only to their overthrow"
- charmingly; with suavity; in a suave manner; "he is suavely charming and all the ladies love him"
- a large indefinite number; "he faced a myriad of details"
countless: too numerous to be counted; "incalculable riches"; "countless hours"; "an infinite number of reasons"; "innumerable difficulties"; "the multitudinous seas"; "myriad stars"; "untold thousands"
in a flirtatious manner; "she smiled coquettishly"
in an uncalled-for manner; "he insulted us gratuitously"
devouring or craving food in great quantities; "edacious vultures"; "a rapacious appetite"; "ravenous as wolves"; "voracious sharks"
- devilish: showing the cunning or ingenuity or wickedness typical of a devil; "devilish schemes"; "the cold calculation and diabolic art of some statesmen"; "the diabolical expression on his face"; "a mephistophelian glint in his eye"
atrocious: exceptionally bad or displeasing; "atrocious taste"; "abominable workmanship"; "an awful voice"; "dreadful manners"; "a painful performance"; "terrible handwriting"; "an unspeakable odor came sweeping into the room"
- out of control; pertaining to or characteristic of apoplexy; "apoplectic seizure"
wall: surround with a wall in order to fortify
fortification consisting of a strong fence made of stakes driven into the ground
- happiness: state of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy
angered at something unjust or wrong; "an indignant denial"; "incensed at the judges' unfairness"; "a look of outraged disbelief"; "umbrageous at the loss of their territory"
dangerous to health; characterized by progressive and uncontrolled growth (especially of a tumor)
fearful expectation or anticipation; "the student looked around the examination room with apprehension"
- freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities; "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"; "after that failure he lost his confidence"; "she spoke with authority"
- energetic activity
- highly desireable or coveted
- course or path
- idealization or deification
- a sudden, strange appearance
- impolite expression
You must Login or Register to add cards