Glossary of SAT Prep Week 1
Other Decks By This User
- not capable of being carried out or put into practice; "refloating the sunken ship proved impracticable because of its fragility"; "a suggested reform that was unfeasible in the prevailing circumstances"
syn: unworkable, impracticable
- Happening by a fortunate accident or chance.
Lucky or fortunate.
- Possessed at birth; inborn.
Possessed as an essential characteristic; inherent.
Of or produced by the mind rather than learned through experience: an innate knowledge of right and wrong.
- Capable of producing offspring or vegetation; fruitful; prolific.
Intellectually productive or inventive.
- Inclined or eager to fight; hostile or aggressive.
Of, pertaining to, or engaged in warfare.
- Undisturbed by tumult or disorder; calm or quiet.
- Lasting or active through the year or through many years.
- To draw or trace the outline of; sketch out.
To represent pictorially; depict.
To depict in words or gestures; describe.
- Characterized by erratic changeableness or instability, especially with regard to affections or attachments; capricious.
- v. tr.
To suspend until a later stated time.
To suspend proceedings to another time or place.
To move from one place to another: After the meal we adjourned to the living room.
- To fill beyond capacity, especially with food; satiate.
To flood (a market) with an excess of goods so that supply exceeds demand.
- To cause to withdraw into seclusion.
To remove or set apart; segregate.
- To count; to enumerate; to number; also, to compute; to calculate.
You must Login or Register to add cards