Glossary of Rubella
Other Decks By This User
- What are 4 main effects of the Rubella virus?
- 1. Vasculopathy
2. Inhibition of Mitosis
3. Chromosomal breakage.
- What is the classic triad of congenital rubella?
- 1. Heart deformity
- Is there a treatment for rubella?
- What population is targeted with the rubella vaccine?
- Child-bearing age/college students
- How is rubella not diagnosed?
- Cell culture - it produces no CPE.
- How IS rubella diagnosed?
- Via the production of interferon in a culture media after secondary exposure to the virus.
- What type of virus is the rubella virus?
- Enveloped ssRNA virus
- What happens after a primary infection with rubella?
- Protection for LIFE!
- What symptoms are seen in a rubella RE-infection?
- -Scanty virus excretion from throat for 1-4 days.
-Rise in IgG titer
- What symptoms are seen in PRIMARY rubell infectiona?
- Rash, Virus excr 1-3 days, viremia, transplacent. passage, IgG AND IgM antibodies.
- Are the symptoms from a rubella vaccine more like primary or secondary infections?
- How are vaccine symptoms NOT like primary infection?
- -Shorter incubation (7-10 days inst. of 14-21)
-Rarely a rash
You must Login or Register to add cards