Glossary of Reading literary terms
Other Decks By This User
- A writers way of writing.
- Author's purpose
- The reason for creating a particular piece of literature.
- This occurs after the climax. The problem is usually resolved in some way or another.
- A hint about an event that will occur later in the story.
- The way a writer creates and developes characters' personalities.
- The turning point of the story; the point of greatest interest or emotianal impact.
- A struggle between two opposing forces. It is usually the problem driving the story.
- The series of main events in a story or play.
- rising action
- the events in a story that moves the plot forward.
- The time and place of the action.
- Message about life or human nature that is conveyed by a work of literature.
- point of view
- The perspective or vantage point from which the story is told.
You must Login or Register to add cards