Glossary of Reading Specialist
Other Decks By This User
- Peer Influence
- Most likely affects student's attitudes towards reading
- Prior Knowledge - Readers bring more information to the reading process in the form of knowledge.
- Top Down Reading most affected by _________
- Predict and Confirm the function of a Word - In decoding, context clues help a reader determine the function of a word.
- Context clues are most helpful to a student to ______ and ________ the function of a word.
- Adjust Reading Strategies for different purposes - Metacognition involes being aware of and regulating processes during reading.
- Metacognition most likelt enables a reader to__________
- Divide words into prefizes, roots, and suffixs
- An appropriate strategy for teaching structual analysis skills would be to have students
- Tu use semantic and syntactic clues to identify missing words.
- The close procedure provides an indication of a student's ability
- Identify an unstated main idea - requires a student to apply inferential comprehension skills
- A teacher would be most likelt to improve students' inferential comprehension skills by helping them to
- Engage the students in a conversation about the material
- One of the most affect ways to assess a students' content area reading comprehension is
- Previewing the chapters subtitles, visual aids, and study questions
- A student can obtaina quick overview of a chapter by
- Group the students according to their skill weaknesses and provide remediation
- In a reading class several students are having problems with a variety of skills, the teacher should
- Provide high-interest, low vocabulary trade books
- One of the best ways to motivate a secondary students who reads on a sixth grade level
- Quality of Illustrations
- Caldecott awards address_____
- The student performed better than 70% of the students.
- A student who receives a rank of 70 on the Woodcock Reading Mastery test shows_______
- a specific type of phonological awareness that deals with separate phonemes
- Marilyn Jager Adams
- Theorist in early reading who has identified five tasks for phonemic awareness
- Oddity Task
- Recognize which sound is odd in a series of like sounds
You must Login or Register to add cards