Glossary of Rabies
Other Decks By This User
- what type of virus is rabies?
- what is the reservoir of rabies?
- what is the most common source of rabies?
- What are 4 other sources?
- Skunks, bats, foxes, dogs.
- How is rabies transmitted?
- Animal bites mostly
- What is the pathologic course of rabies infections?
- -Incubates few weeks
-Transport to CNS
-Replication further in secretory organs
- How are humans diagnosied with rabies if they are still ALIVE?
- -Serologic methods on Serum/CSF
-Skin neck biopsy for Ag
-Viral isolation from saliva
- What test assess Rabies virus response to treatment?
- What is the gold standard post mortem diagnostic test for rabies?
- DFA on Brain Tissue.
- What are the characteristic inclusion bodies seen in Rabies?
- Negri bodies
- What does EM of rabies allow us to see?
- Is Rabies treatable?
- Rarely; only 3 cases survived after CNS symptoms.
- What is "treatment" for rabies?
- Vaccine; vaccine+booster for high risk occupations.
You must Login or Register to add cards