Glossary of Psychology Terms for Chapter 3
Other Decks By This User
- What is the Cerebrum?
- The Cerebrum is the top wrinkly part of the brain that is on top. It is 80% of the brain.
- What is the Longitudinal Fissure?
- Big grooves on teh brain. Divides it horizontally.
- What is the Central Fissure?
- Divides the cerebrum in to front and back.
- What is the Somato Sensory?
- Touch from body to the brain.
- What is a Neuron?
- A neuron is the cell which is the basic unit of living things. "communication"
- What is the Nervous System?
- wires in the bod that connect everything in your body so you can communicate
- What are Neurons?
- They are like a switch (can be a negative charge or a positive charge) - receive signals and send signals
- What is an Axon
- carries electrical signals from one place to another.
- What are Vesicles?
- Vesicles have chemicals in htem which send messages to other Neurons.
- What are Neurotransmitters?
- They carry signals from one dendrite to another.
- What is Threshold?
- When it reaches a certain point.
- Where does energy come from and what helps maintain body heat?
- What is Dopamine and what diseases can occur with it.
- Dopamine controls muscles,pleasure pathway. Parkinsons Disease.
- What is L-Dopa?
- L-Dopa helps your brain make more dopamine (only in early stage of Parkinsons disease)
- What is Neroleptic?
- binds with receptors of dopamine and blocks Dopamine so it cannot get through
You must Login or Register to add cards