Glossary of Psychiatric Nursing
Other Decks By This User
- Who founded the psychoanalytical model of nursing?
- Sigmeund Freud
- What is free association?
- Stating thoughts as they occur
- What is dream analysis used for?
- To interpret psychic conflict
- What is the id?
- The desire for pleasure
- What is the ego?
- Controls your id impulses, your rational and logical thinking
- What is the foundation of psychoanalysis?
- Problems in adulthood can be linked with ealry childhood developmental difficulties or supressed emotions
- What is dysfunction?
- It occurs when a high amount of energy goes into controlling anxiety and an idividuals ability to function normally is impaired
- What is the super ego?
- It is your conscience, concerned with right and wrong
- What is the ego defense mechanism?
- Coping techniques
- What is the unconscience in relation to psychoanalytic therapy?
- Repressed memories, conflicts, and experiences
You must Login or Register to add cards