Glossary of Psych Review Chapter 8-10
Other Decks By This User
- Smooth Muscles
- Control internal organs
Control movement of the body
- Striated Muscles also know as
- Skeletal Muscles
- Why is eye muscle movement more precise?
- Because of the lower ratio of muscle fibers to axons
- What is it called where a synapse and a motor neuron meets a muscle fiber?
- Neuromuscular Junction
- What is Relesed at the junctions with skeletal muscles by axons?
- What causes Myasthenia?
- the immune system attacks the individual's own body
- Which muscle fatigues rapidly?
- White Muscles
- When taped on the the knee what kind of reflex is being tested?
- stretch reflexes
- What is the role of the Golgi tendon organ?
- it acts as a brake against an excessively vigorous contraction
- What kind of damage is a doctor looking for if he test an adult for infant reflexes?
- evidence of brain damage
- A ballistic movement...
- Is executed as a whole: Once initiated, it cannot be altered or corrected while it is in progress.
Ex. a reflex such as the stretch reflex or the contraction of the pupils in response to light
You must Login or Register to add cards