Glossary of Psych Chapter 17 Test
Other Decks By This User
- Conflict in which a person must choose "the lesser of two evils"
- avoidance-avoidance conflict
- prsonal belief in one's ability to accomplish goals
- self-efficancy expectation
- conflict in which several courses of action have advantages and disadvatages
- multiple approach-avoidance conflict
- reducing stress by changing one's situation in socially acceptable ways
- active coping
- conflict in which the choice to be made is both good and bad at the same time
- approach-avoidance conflict
- reducing stress by running away from problems or using self-deception
- defensive coping
- positive stress that increases motivation and allertness
- conflict in which each each of two coices is positive and within reach
- approach-approach conflict
- behaving opposite to how you really feel
- reaction formation
- negative stress linked to intense pressure or anxiety
- ______ are one of the most common stress-related health problems.
- __ is any adjustive emand placed on either the mind or body.
- Stress weakens the ability of the ______ system to fight certain viruses.
- An event or situation that cuases stress is called a ________
You must Login or Register to add cards