Glossary of Plant cell definitions
Other Decks By This User
- Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum
- This network of passageways carries materials from part of the cell to another. Ribosomes are not attached.
- Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum
- This network of passageways carries materials from part of the cell to another. Ribosomes are attached.
- Cell-wall channels that allow connections between plant cells.
- Golgi Body
- This receives materials through the endoplasmic reticulum and sends them to other parts of the cell.
- These structures make proteins. They can be attached to the outer surfaces of the endoplasmic reticulum, or they may float free in the cytoplasm.
- These organelles capture energy from sunlight and use it to produce food for the cell.
- All plant cells contain one of these. It directs all of the cell’s activities, like reproduction.
- Cell Wall
- This is a stiff wall surrounding the cell membrane, giving the cell a boxlike shape. This is made of cellulose.
- Cell Membrane
- This area protects the cell and regulates what substances enter and leave the it.
- This the area between the cell membrane and the nucleus. It contains a gel-like fluid in which many different organelles are found.
- A small region near the nucleus in the cell cytoplasm, containing the centrioles.
- Most of the cell’s energy is produced within these rod-shaped organelles.
- Most mature plant cells have one of these. This sac within the cytoplasm stores water, food, waste products, and other materials.
- A hollow cylindrical tube used for the transport of materials inside cells and keeping the cell’s shape.
- A cell organelle containing enzymes, such as catalase and oxidase, that catalyze the production and breakdown of hydrogen peroxide.
You must Login or Register to add cards