Glossary of Physiology Semester 1 Mini II 2
Other Decks By This User
- The plasma compartment contains impermeable ____ charged proteins, and so to maintain electroneutrality, the plasma must have a slightly lower [C] of ____ and a slightly higher [C] of ____, this is known as the ____ equilibrium.
- small anions (Cl-), small cations (Na+, K+)
- Primary active transport requires a _____ input of energy, while secondary active transport requires a ____ input of energy.
- direct, indirect
- ___ is the only transport that doesnt require a carrier.
- simple difusion
- All carrier mediated transport share the folling features: _____, _____, and _____.
- saturation, stereospecificity, competition
- The sodium potassium pump is ____ because it creates a charge seperation and a potential difference.
- ___ and ____ covalently bind to voltage gated Na+ channels preventing AP.
- tetrodotoxin, lidocaine
- Defective Cl- or Na+ channels leading to excess muscle contractions.
- Malignant hyperthermia is altered muscle ___ channels.
- Digitalis inhibits ____ in cardiac muscles.
- NA-K pump
- ____ competitively block Ca channels in cardiac and smooth muscles.
- TBW is ___ % of total weight, while extracellular fluid is ___ of TBW, and intracellular is ___ of TBW.
- 60, 1/3, 2/3
- Water concentration is ____ proportional to osmolarity.
- ____ is having an equal ion/water ratio, while ___ is having an equal number of impermeable molecules per volume water.
- isomotic, isotonic
- The extracellular compartment is divided into the plasma which is ___% of the ECF, and the ___ which is __% of the ECF.
- 20%, 70%, interstitial
- Total blood volume= ____ + _____ or ____/ (1-___)
- plasma, cell volume, plasma volume, Hct
- ____ diffusion follows michaelis- menten kinetics, while ___ diffusion is
- Facilitated, simple
- Significantly increasing extracellular NaCl will cause ECF volume to ____, ICF volume to ___, and ICF osmolarity to ____.
- increase, decrease, increase
- Kwashiorkor, severe ____, lowers protein levels is the ____, causing _____ interstial fluid volume.
- malnutrition, plasma, increased
- ____ and ___ can not be measured with markers.
- ICF, interstitual
You must Login or Register to add cards