Glossary of Philosophy 2
Other Decks By This User
- Philosophical science
- a systematic approach to answering the great questions of life, which can't be answered by
b. empirical method of experiment
But only by following the laws of logic based on experience, not following authority
- Philosophical psychology
- philosophy of human nature's former name; studying the soul
- normal behavior in nazi camp
- abnormal behavior in abnormal circumstances; shock, apathy
- Fundamental drive as regarded by Logotherapy
- man's search for meaning
- 3rd School of Viennese Psychotherapy
- Logos = meaning = the word
logic = with words and meaning; rationality.
- Will to Pleasure
- Freudian psychoanalytic principle of what drives man's life
- Will to Power
- Adlerian psychoanalytic theory of what drives man's life. Seen in individuals with a lack of confidence; eventually leads to normal reactions in abnormal situations, such as Hitler
- The view that man is without freedom; criticized by Frankl; man has freedom to choose his reactions to life.
- 3 types of meaning defined by Frankl
- 1. Creating a work or doing a deed
2. Experiencing something/encountering someone
3. Attitude toward an unavoidable suffering.
- Logotherapy in a nutshell
- The most fundamental drive is the will to meaning (especially during unavoidable suffering). Meaning must be found on an individual basis.
- Will to Meaning
- man's search for meaning, which is the primary motivation of his life, and can only be fulfilled by him alone.
You must Login or Register to add cards