Glossary of Parts of a Sentence
Other Decks By This User
- A word that expresses an action or a state of being.
- A word that describes a noun or pronoun.
- A word that names a person, place, or thing.
- A word that is used in place of a noun.
- A word usually used to describe a verb or adjective.
- A word spoken suddenly and used to express surprise, pain or delight.
- The word in the sentence that receives the action of the verb.
- DIRECT OBJECT
- A word that connects words, phrases, or sentences.
- All the words in the predicate part of the sentence.
- COMPLETE PREDICATE
- A word that tells what the subject does or what is done to the subject.
- A group of words in a sentence that begins with a preposition and ends with a direct object.
- PREPOSITIONAL PHRASE
- A word that shows the relation of a noun or pronoun to other items in a sentence.
- All the words in the subject part of a sentence.
- COMPLETE SUBJECT
- The main word in the complete subject.
- SIMPLE SUBJECT
- A word used to introduce a noun.
You must Login or Register to add cards