Glossary of Parnell verb flashcards
Other Decks By This User
- What is a verb?
- A word that expresses action or otherwise helps to make a statement.
- What do verbs do?
- They tell us what the subject does expresses a state of being of the subject.
- What are the two types of verbs?
- Action and linking
- What are the two types of action verbs?
- The two types of action verbs are mental and physical.
- What is a helping verb?
- A verb that helps the main verb express action or a state of being.
- What are transitive verbs?
- A transitive verb is a verb that expresses an action directed towards a person, place, thing, or idea.
- What is a linking verb?
- A linking verb is a verb that expresses a state of being. A linking verb connects, or links, the subject to a word or word group that identifies or describes the subject.
- What is an Intransitive verb?
- A verb that expresses action without the action passing to a receiver, or object.
- What is an action verb?
- A verb that expresses either physical or mental activity.
- What is a verb phrase?
- A verb phrase contains one main verb and one or more helping verbs.
You must Login or Register to add cards