Glossary of P-485 Ch 5 Material Expenditure and Shipment
Other Decks By This User
- Movement, including turn-in, of material from the custody and records of one ship to the custody and records of another ship or shore activity
- A. TRANSFER
- Movement within ship to end user
- B. Issue
- Physical movement off ship
- A. TRANSFER
- Expends unusable/unrepairable items from records and documents disposition
- C. SURVEY
- What are the four types of expenditures
- If the Suppo is gone
can the CDO approve
- Yes, if the CO has granted
- Can I put two DLR's
that are alike on one
1348-1 turn in
- COMMON REASONS FOR MATERIAL TURN-IN ASHORE (MTIS)
- IN EXCESS OF ALLOWANCE AND/OR REQUIREMENTS
RETURN OF ERRONEOUS RECEIPTS
NEED FOR REPRESERVATION OR REPACKAGING
- "SUMMARIES NOT REQUIRED"
- TRANSFER OF APA MATERIAL
MATERIAL TURNED IN ASHORE (MTIS)
MATERIAL TURNED IN TO STOCK-FUNDED SHIPS (SAC-207)
- "B" SUMMARY
- Used to effect Statistical Adjustments WITHIN
appropriations, including adjustments between UIC's
1. Transfers within a TYCOM and FYDP
2. Prepared by Transferring Ship
3. Requesting Ship's OPTAR is NOT reduced
4. Transferring Ship must reorder if required
- "A" SUMMARY
- Used for Chargeable adjustments BETWEEN
appropriations, subheads and operating budgets, or between operating budgets within
an appropriation and subhead
1. Transfers between Fleets, TYCOMS or FYDP's
2. Prepared by Transferring Ship
3. Requesting Ship's OPTAR is reduced
4. Transferring Ship's TYCOM receives credit;
Transferring ship must reorder if required
- TRANSFERRING SHIP
- WILL PREPARE A 1348-1A IF REQUESTING SHIP SUBMITS A NS 1250-1 VICE A MANUAL DD 1348
- MAM's can be transferred with TYCOM approval only
TRUE OR FALSE
are required for all naval material that is
- -- damaged, obsolete, or deteriorated.
-- unable to be utilized
-- lost or stolen
- Survey Criteria
all items are subject to survey procedures, with what exceptions?
- Items of nominal value (<$750)*
Motor vehicle accidents if motor vehicle investigation report is used, and no claim is made against the government.
Property lost in combat.
Discrepancies in quantities transferred to DRMO if loss is < $300 per line item.
Special Tooling and Special Test Equipment.
* unless suspicion of fraud, theft or personal negligence
- Which form do you use for surveying
- DD Form 200
- Who is the accountable officer for the television
that the electrical division lost?
- Chief Engineer
- You just accidentally dropped 2250 pounds of
lettuce into the ocean while trying to lift them
onto the DUARTE with a crane. The cost per
pound is $1.50. Do you have to fill out a
DD Form 200?
(Criteria is $500)
- 01. When material is transferred from SAC 207 stock to a ship's store, what fund code and cognizance symbol will be cited?
- Fund Code: NZ Cog: 1Q
- What does cognizance symbol 7Z cite?
- What SUADPS document identifier is used for transfers to NWCF activities (other supply officers) & off load of excess material?
- What SUDAPS document identifier is used for cash sales?
- What SUADPS document identifier is used for transfers to end-use operating forces?
- What SUADPS document identifier is used for transfers to end-use shore activities?
- Stowage plans for freight are subject to the approval of what officer?
- Ship's C.O.
- Who is required to sign receipts for material accepted as freight?
- Supply Officer
- What is the form number of the CARGO Manifest Recapitulation (water)?
- DD form 1386-1
- On ships carrying freight, a cargo-loading plan will be prepared by who?
- Loading activity
- What is defined as material received aboard Naval ships, as cargo, for shipment to a specified consignee at another location?
- What is the DD form 1384?
- Transportation Control & Movement Document. (TCMC)
- The authority to transfer material by cash sale method is provided by references?
- Navy Regulations & NAVCOMPT Manual Volume 8
- When safes or safe lockers with combination locks are turned in to shore or transferred to another ship, the combination for each item being transferred will be reset to what?
- Transfers between forces afloat normally are made on what form?
- DD form 1348
- Upon receipt of a DD form 1348 or NAVSUP form 1250-1 from another ship, the transferring ship prepares what form to document an intership transfer of material?
- DD form 1348-1A
- What file will contain the original of each expenditure invoice prepared by the ship?
- Expenditure invoice file
- In what sequence are expenditure invoices filed?
- Expenditure document number
- How many segments is the expenditure record log divided into?
- What are the 2 segments that the expenditure record log is broken into?
- Expenditures except for DLR items and DLR items
- How long will the expenditure invoice file be retained after completion of transfer or survey action?
- 3 years
- Expenditure documents will be numbered in accordance with what numbering system?
- MILSTRIP numbering system
- Can CBR clothing over 10 years old be burned?
- Naval Ammunition Depot, Earle Colts Neck, NJ. Is responsible for programs associated with the collection, recovery and processing of what material?
- Precious Metals
- What primarily exists to take ready-for-issue (RFI) turn-ins from customer activities and return them to stock to meet other Navy requirements?
- Material Turned-In to Shore (MTIS)
- When installed machinery or equipment is removed from a ship, what is the disposition of all repair parts peculiar to that machinery or equipment?
- It's also turned in
- Special clothing will not be transferred to other shops without whose approval?
- C. O.
- CBR clothing over what age will be considered for use in training operations or turned in to the nearest supply activity ashore for disposal?
- 10 years
- Prior to off-loading operations, samples of fuel to be transferred will be taken for analysis by an ashore laboratory to determined what?
- Its quality
- The quantity of fuel transferred to a shore activity is determined on what basis?
- The gages of the receiving activity or the calibration tables of the receiving barge.
- Intership transfers of APA type material are non-chargeable transaction. Are they required to be summarized?
- When a ship is required to off-load bulk propulsion fuel, what form will be prepared to document the transaction?
- DD form 1149
- Transfers between ships of the same type commander are what types of transactions?
- Transfers between ships of different type commanders are chargeable transactions and the value of such transactions will be included in what summary of the transferring ship?
- A" summary
- Aviation fuels issued to onboard aircraft squadrons or detachments will be documented in DD forms 1348 which will be included in what summaries?
- C" or "D" summary
- Prior to survey, every effort shall be made to reclaim contaminated fuel for use as what?
- Another grade
- What form will be used for the turn-in or shipment of small arms?
- DD form 1348-1A
- Regarding small arms shipments, the certification "No ammunition is contained in this shipment" will be entered in what data blocks of the DD form 1348-1A?
- AA through DD
- What command replaces gun mounts, rocket launchers, and gun fire control systems?
- Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
- Regarding surveys, what is defined as an in-depth investigation of specific physical inventory discrepancies to determine why they occurred so that corrective action can be taken?
- Causative Research
- Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss
- Expenditure record log divided into two segments, expenditures and DLR items.
- The expenditure log will contain records of all transfers, cash sales and surveys. DLR items will track all shipments of unserviceable DLR items to the ATAC Hubs or other DOP, transshipping activities.
- Turn in NAVSEA 08 CONTROLLED REACTOR PLANT COMPONENTS (either in excess or unserviceable).
- NAVSEA 08 identified by 2S (cog) and X1 (smic), turned in on a NAVSEA form 9210/23 and a turn in document for unserviceable, not used or excess 2S/1X components.
- Reimbursement to the Government – collection for loss or damage to government property by naval personnel can be done two ways.
- DD Form 139 – Military Pay Adjustment Authorization
DD Form 1131 – Cash Collection Voucher
**Not to exceed Maximum amount of $500.00****
- MISSING, LOST, STOLEN, OR RECOVERED GOVERNMENT PROPERTY (OPNAV REPORT 5500-1)
- Congress mandated that the Department of the Navy maintain accurate inventories and report material/inventory losses. The Navy’s credibility for justification of future funding for systems and spare parts can only be achieved through accurate property records, which includes reported losses.
- Cargo Shipping Document – material transportation will be covered by an ocean manifest furnished by the loading activity. The ocean manifest consists of a Cargo Manifest (DD Form 1365) or a Transportation Control and Movement Document (TCMD) (DD Form 1384) and a CARGO Manifest Recapitulation (WATER) (DD Form 1386-1).
- RESPONSIBILITY OF THE COMMANDING OFFICER:
When complete aircraft are aboard for ferrying, the CO will transfer then to the activity to which they are consigned by the use of the Aircraft Inventory Record (OPNAV 4790/111). AIR consist of the followin
- a. Binder OPNAV 4790/109
b. Title page and sectional breakdown diagram, OPNAV 4790/110
c. Equipment list, OPNAV 4790/111
d. Shortage list, OPNAV 4790/112
e. Certification and record of transfer, OPNAV 4790/104
You must Login or Register to add cards