Glossary of Nursing 114 Final
Other Decks By This User
- Six Traits of Critical Thinkers
- Interpretation, Analysis
Explanation, Self regulation
- The 5 steps of the nursing process
- Purpose of a health history
- To identify patterns of health & illness, risk factors for physical & behavioral health problems, deviations from normal & available resources for adaptation.
- Parts of a health history
- Biographical info, Reason for seeking care, client expectations, present illness, past health hist., family hist., environmental hist., psychosocial hist., spiritual health, review of systems.
- Techniques of the physical exam
- Inspection, Palpation, Percussion, Auscultation
- Normal findings of nodes
- Not palpable
- Where are eccrine sweat glands found?
- All over the body
- Where are apocrine sweat glands located?
- Axillae, nipples, areolae, anogetial area, eyelids, external ears.
- What is ecchymosis?
- Bruising, bleeding under the skin
- What color skin is a sign of cyanosis?
- Grayish blue from lack of oxygen.
- Pinpoint hemorrhages on the skin.
- What is seborrheic keratosis?
- Raised spots on the face, neck and trunk of older adults.
- What are normal findings of the thyroid?
- Not palpable or tender.
You must Login or Register to add cards