Glossary of Nsg. II emotional concerns
Other Decks By This User
- Kindling process
- snowball effect seen in minor seizure
- dystonia (acute)
- muscular rigidity and cramping, stiff or thick tongue with difficulty swallowing
- spasms can produce
- torticollis- twisted head, neck
opisthotonus - tightness of body with head back, arched neck
oculogyric crisis - eyes rolled back
- intense need to move about
- anticholinergic side effects
- orthostatic hypotension,dry mouth, constipation, urinary hesitance or retention, blurred near vision
- 3 groups of antidepressants
- 1. tricyclic and related cyclic antidepressants
2. Selective serotonn reuptake inhibitors (SSRI's)
3. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI's)
- standard of care
- the care that they provide to clients meet set expectations and is what any nurse in a similar situation would do.
- a wrongful act that results in injury, loss, or damage.
- causing harm by failing to do what a reasonable and prudent person would do in similar circumstances.
- a type of negligence that refers specifically to professionals such as nurses. Families can file a law suit in any case of injury, loss or death
You must Login or Register to add cards