Glossary of Notes on chapter 5
Other Decks By This User
- The Industrial Revolutionbegan in _______ __________ in the 1700s
- Great Britian
- List 3 reasons the Industrial Revolution began in Britian
- 1.ready supply of natural resources
2.plentifulsupply of raw materials
3.supply of people 2 run machines
- How did the Industrial Revolution change people's lives?
- more, and everything was cheaper
- When was WWI?
- What was the result of Russia's 1917 Revolution?
- Who created communism?
- Karl Marx
- In the 1930s there was a world wide _______
- List the Allies in WWII
- Great Britian, France, China, U.S., and Soviet Union
- List the Axis Powers in WWII
- Germany, Itlay, and Japan
- Germany created the Holocaust. What was it?
- murder of 12 million people
- Define genocide
- mass murder of people because of race, religion, ethnicity, politics, or culture
- How did the U.S. end WWII?
- dropped 2 atomic bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- What was the Cold War?
- U.S. and the Soviet Union competed for world influence without fighting each other
- What was the purpose of the Marshall Plan?
- rebuild Europe and stop communism
- In 1949 NATO was formed. What is it, and why was it formed?
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization; to respond to possible attacks by the Soviet Union
- What did the Berlin Wall symbolize?
- the split between Eastern and Western Europe
- Whan did East and West Germany reunite?
- October 1991
- In 1991 the ______ _______ broke up
- Soviet Union
- The economic alliance or the Common Market became the _______ ________ in 1993. It is also called the E.U.
- European Union
- In 2002 most EU members replaced their money with the ____. This is a type of money
You must Login or Register to add cards