Glossary of Night Study Guide
Other Decks By This User
- Moshe the Beadle
- Homeless man who teaches Elie...trys to warn Jews about concentration camps but they don't believe him.
- Hilda, Bea, Tzipora
- Elie's sisters, never sees them after they enter Auschwitz...represents how familys are separated by Holocaust.
- "The Death's Head"
- Skull and crossbones symbol on SS officer's hats showing that they will willingly kill.
- Nazi secret police. They live in the ghettos and gradually take away rights of Jews and eventually send them to camps
- Madame Shachter
- Woman on Elie's train who foreshadows the crematories at the concentration camps.
- Death camp where Jews worked, were killed, and experimented on. This is where Elie and his father were.
- Dr. Mengele
- Was man who sorted out ppl to go to crematory or to work. Elie lied to him to stay with his father
- Prayer said when someone dies...Akiba Drummer asks Elie to say the prayer in 3 days but he forgets..shows how ppl lost faith
- People who headed the barracks. Some were German Jews. Idek beat Elie for catching him w/ a woman.
- Rosh Hashanah
- Jewish New Year. Prisoners lost faith so did not fast-they were already starving
- Yom Kippur
- "Day of Atonement" Complete Sabbath...Prisoners also ignored traditions of this holiday.
- Last work camp where ELie and his father worked.
- "Jews, listen to me"
- Moshe the Beadle...they think he is crazy when he tries to warn of what is to happen to the Jews.
- "The yellow star? Oh well, what of it? You don't die of it."
- Chlomo Wiesel. Ironic becasue it marks jews and that ends up being the reason so many die.
- "Look!Look at it!Fire!A terrible fire!"
- Madame Shachter. She foreshadows the burnign of Jews in crematories.
You must Login or Register to add cards