Glossary of New Testament Survey: (1-20) 111 Useful Passages
Other Decks By This User
- Matthew 1:25
- (25) But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
- Matthew 6:15
- (15) But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Matthew 6:33-34
- (33) But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (34) Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- Matthew 7:7-8
- (7) "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. (8) For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
- Matthew 7:13-14
- (13) "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. (14) But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
- Matthew 13:55-56
- (55) "Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? (56) Aren't all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?"
- Matthew 22:29
- (29) Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
- Matthew 23:9
- (9) And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
- Matthew 28:19-20
- (19) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (20) and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
- Mark 1:16-20
- (16) As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. (17) "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." (18) At once they left their nets and followed him. (19) When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. (20) Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him.
- Mark 2:22
- (22) And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins."
- Mark 3:20-21
- (20) Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. (21) When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."
- Mark 7:6-9
- (6) He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: " 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. (7) They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.' (8) You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men." (9) And he said to them: "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!
- Mark 7:20-23
- (20) He went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.' (21) For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, (22) greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. (23) All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "
- Mark 11:24
- (24) Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
- Mark 16:16
- (16) Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
- Luke 6:22-23,26
- (22) Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. (23) "Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets. (26) Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for that is how their fathers treated the false prophets.
- Luke 9:23-26, 57-62
- (23) Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. (24) For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. (25) What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? (26) If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. (57) As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, "I will follow you wherever you go." (58) Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." (59) He said to another man, "Follow me." But the man replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father." (60) Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God." (61) Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good bye to my family." (62) Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
- Luke 10:38-42
- (38) As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. (39) She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. (40) But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" (41) "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, (42) but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."
- Luke 11:23-26
- (23) "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters. (24) "When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' (25) When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. (26) Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."
You must Login or Register to add cards