Glossary of Nervous System Review Martin
Other Decks By This User
- Which ions are where at the resting pont of a neuron?
- sodium on the outside and potassium on the inside
- What part of the nueron carries the impuse toward the cell body?
- What is the charge of a nueron at resting state and repolorization phase?
- What is it called when there is a rapid reversal of charges?
- action potential
- What is the role of acetycholine?
- Once released, the chemicals will diffuse across synapse and trigger action potential (inrush of Na+)
- Define summation
- the sum effect of all nuerotransmitters acting on a nueron.
- What are the 5 components of the reflex arc?
- receptor, sensory nueron, internueron or spinal cord, motor nueron, effector
- Define neurilemma
- helps regenerate a damaged nueron
- what are the two types of nervous systems?
- Central Nervous System
Peripheral Nervous System
- What are the 2 types of autonomic nerves in the PNS?
You must Login or Register to add cards