Glossary of Nelson's Health EXAM!
Other Decks By This User
- 1. What determines how much protein someone needs in one day?
- height weight sex
- 2. Why are animal proteins easier to use?
- more amino acids
- 3. Which part of your body are made primarily from protein?
- hair nails bone marrow
- 4. When is protein used for energy?
- only in extreme times of crisis
- 5. Why are plant proteins considered incomplete?
- don't have all the amino acids
- 6. How many essential amino acids are there?
- 7. How many amino acids are there?
- 8. What are the two main classes of carbs?
- simple and complex
- 9. What percentage of your calories should be from protein?
- 10. What percentage of your diet should be from carbohydrates?
- 11. What is a lipid?
- 12. What are triglycerides?
- basic building blocks of fat
- 13. How many Mg of cholesterol a day should you eat in a day?
- 300 or less
- 14. Why are HDL's considered "good" cholesterol?
- remove cholestoral from your body
- 15. What is trans-fat?
- Man made fat that lowers your good cholesterol while raising your bad
- 16. What number should your cholesterol be at?
- 200 ore less
- 17. What percentage of your diet should be compromised of fat?
- 18. What are HDL's and LDL's?
- good and bat fat (respectively)
- 19. What can people not eat while on the atkins diet?
- 20. What are 3 health risks related to people on the atkins diet?
- high cholesterol, kidney stones, heart complications
- 21. How many grams of carbs can a person eat per day in the first week of the atkins diet?
- 22. How big is one serving size of meat?
- 3 oz or one deck of cards
- 23. What makes a product labeled "fat free"?
- Less than .5 grams of fat
- 24. What makes a product labled "reduced fat"?
- 25% less fat than the original item
- 25. Which types of foods are low in saturated fats?
- fruits and veggies
- 26. Which types of foods are high in saturated fats?
- animal based products
- 27. What are the 3 main sources of energy that your body uses?
- carbs, proteins, fat
- 28. What percentage of your body weight is protein?
You must Login or Register to add cards