Glossary of Navy gas cylinders
Other Decks By This User
- How is gas measured in the gaseous state?
- By volume.
- How is acetylene that is dissolved in a liquid measured?
- as a gas.
- The letter X on a Navy gas cylinder indicates what?
- Gas cylinders should be retested how often?
- 5 years.
- If you have a full cylinder but it needs to be retested what should you do?
- Use the cylinder then mark it for retest and send it back.
- What is the max space temp for stowing gas cylinders?
- WHat is a goal of the Navy gas program?
- to make cylinder valve noninterchangeable
- Of the different safety devices on gas bottles which device ruptures when a cylinder overheats and is commonly used on acetylene?
- fusible plug
- Which cylinder saftey device is designed to rupture between 2600 and 3000 psi?
- backed and unbacked safety cap
- How long must an acetylene bottle be horizontal before being used?
- 2 hours
- Why must an acetylene bottle be used in the vertical position?
- to allow the porous filler material in the cylinder to settle.
- What color is a Medical Oxygen bottle?
- Green with a white cap.
- What color is an aviator Oxygen bottle?
- Green with a white stripe.
- What color is an oxygen bottle?
- What color is a freon bottle?
You must Login or Register to add cards