Glossary of Natural Environments - Geography
Created by NeonRain
- How far a place is, North or South of the Equator
- Prevailing Winds
- The direction of the winds which usually come.
- The Shape and height of the land.
- Cool Summers are due to...?
- Wind blowing over cool surfaces
- Land in the Winter
- Sea in the summer!
- Mild Winters are due to..?
- Wind blowing over warm areas such as
- Sea in WINTER
- Land in SUMMER
- OMG WHAT IS FRONTAL RAIN!?!!!??!
- Frontal rain falls when WARM air has to rise over COLD air!
- WHAT IS RELIEF RAIN OMGOMGOMG?!
- Relief rain falls when WARM, MOIST air is forced to RISE over MOUNTAINSSS!!!
- WHAT IS CONVECTIONAL RAIN?!
- IT occuurs MAINLY IN SUMMERS.
IT OCCURS WHEN THE HEATED GROUND WARMS THE AIR NEXT TO IT. The warm air rises, causing thunderstorms :S
- A canopy is an ALMOST unbroken top layer of trees which acts like a roof over a tropical rainforest.
- Buttresssss rooooottttsss :D
- They are ROOTS THATT STAND ABOVE THE GROUND TO SUPPORT LARGE TREEESS.
- WHAT THE HELL IS EVERGREEN :O
Theyre trees that ALWAYS have SOME green leaves growing throughout the year! DUHHH.
- Small , stunted trees and bushessss :)
- Remains of plants and animals left in the soil
- MUST KNOW FOSSIL FUELS?!?! FOSSILLL FUEEELSSSS :s
- Fuels like coal, oil, gas formed from the remains of and plants millions of years ago,
They give off CO2. :(
- WHATS AN ECOOOOSYSTEM.
- A COMMUNITY OF PLANTS AND ANIMALS LIVING TOGETHER IN THE ENVIRONMENT. EACH PART OF THE ECOSYSTEN IS LINKED TO THE OTHER PARTS.
- What is a NON-LIVING ENVIRONMENT?~
- ITTTT IZZ THE PART OF OUR SURROUNDINGS CONATINING NON LIVING FEATURES SUCH AZZZZ
- SOLAR ENERGY
- SOILS :)
- WHAT IS A BIOME :??
- IT IS A VERY LARGE ECOSYSTEM LIKEE..LIKE
A RAINFOREST OR A..
- NATURAL vegetation?!
- Vegetation that has not been affected by human activity.
- What is Deforestation????
- The clearing and destruction of forests. It leads to SOILLL EROSION.
You must Login or Register to add cards