Glossary of NC1
Other Decks By This User
- The ability to contract and expand
- Cardiac Output
- Stroke volume X Heart rate
- Tidal Volume
- During normal inspiration and expiration, an adult takes in about 500 mls of air
- External resps
- interchange of O2 and CO2 between aveoli and pulmonary blood
- Internal resps
- happens throughout the body
- Resp controlled by:
- A. medulla oblangata, and pons in brain.
B. by chemorecptors located centerally in medulla nad periph in the carotid and aortic bodies
- Ideal Body Weight Female
- Rule of 5's Female ( 105lbs for 5 ft. of height + 6lbs of weight for each inch over, 10% for body frame size.
- Ideal Body Weight Male
- Rule of 6's Male ( 106lbs for 5 ft. of height + 6lbs for each inch over 5 ft., 10% for body frame size.
- BMI - Body Mass Index
- BMI = weight in kilometers
2 ( Height in meters )
- Embrionic phase
- Period during which the fertilized ovum develops into organisms with most features.
- Embryo tissues three layers:
- Ectoderm ( outer layer )
Mesoderm ( middle layer )
Endo or Ectoderm ( inner layer )
- Girls - 10-14 years
Boys - 12-16 years
- Physiologic indicators of stress
- Pupils dilate, sweat production, heart rate and output increase, H2O and sodium retention, urinary output decreases, rate and depth of resp. increases, dlation of bronchials, skin is pale due to constriction of peripheral blood vessels, peristalsis decreases, blood sugar increases, mouth dries, mental awareness increases.
Class A,B, and C
What is each class?
- Class A: Paper, upolstery, rags
Class B: Flammable liquids and gas
Class C: Electrical
- What to do in case of fire:
- 1. Protect and evacuate
4. Extinguish or RACE rescue, alarm, contain, extinguish.
You must Login or Register to add cards