Glossary of Myology
Other Decks By This User
- skeletal muscle
- striated, voluntary
- Muscle belly
- fleshy part of muscle
- at either end of the muscle
- Connective tissue covering of skeletal muscle that covers the entire surface and is continuous with the perimysium
- a combination of flex/ext, abduct/adduction; cheap rotation - not true.
- connective tissue covering of muscle that covers the fascicles and is continuous with the epimysium, but is inside the muscle
- connective tissue covering inside muscle; covers each fiber.
- sliding filament theory
- basis of muscular motion
- muscles that are prime movers; responsible for a specific motion, basic functions
- does the opposite motion of an agonist
- prevents unwanted motion at some joint, to facilitate the motion of a muscle at another joint.
- decreasing the angle at a joint (raising the thigh)
- increasing the angle at a joint (swinging thigh back) occurs in the sagittal plane.
- moving away from the midline; occurs in the coronal plane
- moving toward the midline; coronal plane
- moving a bone around its longitudinal axis; can be medial and lateral
- proximal to insertion
- smooth muscle
- loosely organized, involuntary
- distal to origin
- a basic unit of the muscle; consists of Fascicles>Fibers>Myofibrils>Myofilaments
- Cardiac muscle
- striated, involuntary
You must Login or Register to add cards