Glossary of Music Ch. 2
Other Decks By This User
- "O successors" by Nunn Hildegard is a _________?
- Gregorian Chant
- Unfamiliar scales in Gregorian Chants are called _________.
- Church Modes
- A ________ consists of one or more sustained tones accompaning a melody.
- The _______ was a church's most popular instrument.
- Most medieval music was _______.
- Medieval music that consists of Greg. chants and additional melodic lines is called __________.
- The ________ consists of texts that remain the same from day to day thought the chruch year.
- Mass Ordinary
- Why is Machauts Notre Dame of great historical importance?
- It was the 1st polyphonic treatment of the mass ordinary by a known composer.
- The first large body of seculars surviving notation was composed by _________.
- Nobles Trubadors
- A medieval dance, one of the earliest surviving forms of instrumental music, is called _____.
- Musical and Acrobatic performers in castles, taverns, and town squares are called _______.
- What is the time period for Renaisaince music?
- Renaisaince composers often use ________ as a musical representation of words.
- Word Painting
- Polyphonic choral work set to a sacred latin txt is called a _____.
- Polyphonic chorals made up of kyrie and annus dei is called a ______.
- An important kind of secular vocal music during the 1400's was known as _______.
- Who was secular renaissance music written for?
- Groups of solo voices
- A _____ is a plucked string instrument w/a a body shaped like half a pear.
- An early type of flute was the _______.
- A _____ is a stately dance in double meter.
- The _____ is a colllection of dance tunes created by Michael Praetorius.
You must Login or Register to add cards