Glossary of Music Apreciation
Created by adabia1
- Even pulse that divides the passing of the time into equal parts.
- is the gathering of beats into regular groups.
- Types of meter
- Duplo Triple and quadruole
- Is the relative position high or low of a musical sound.
- Musical Phrase
- Are melodies broken up into smaller units.
- are the portion of a musical phrase that leads to its last chord.
- Half cadences
- give a sense of continuation
- full cadences
- give a sense of rest
- The loudness and softness that describe the particular character of an musical instrument.
- is the speed at which the beat progress.
- in the harmony the chord that gives us the sense of having completed the song.
- adding stress to a beat or between beats.
- is the accent on a weak beat.
- is the part we sing along o remember from a tune.
- main categories of voices
- is another term for the tone quality of a musical sound
- Fundamental key
- is the main tone
You must Login or Register to add cards