Glossary of Muscles of the Face 2
Other Decks By This User
- The muscle surrounding the eye.
- orbicularis oculi
- Lower jaw muscle in the shape of a triangle.
- Muscle located above the eye.
- Muscle which runs from the lower jaw down the neck.
- Cheek muscle.
- Muscle found in the nose.
- A muscle which lifts and is above the lips.
- levator labii superioris
- Muscle surrounding the mouth.
- orbicularis oris
- Muscle found in the lower jaw.
- The larger of the zygomaticus muscles.
- greater zygomatic
- Muscle located on the side of the head just above both ears.
- Muscle located on the forehead; it creates the "worry lines" or wrinkling of the brow associated with frowning.
- This muscle orginates on the lower part of the mandible.
- depressor anguli oris
- This muscle depresses the bottom lip.
- depressor labii inferioris
- Muscle of mastication. Moves the mandible and limits sideways jaw movement.
- lateral pterygoid
- Elevates the jaw and provides sideways jaw movement.
- medial pterygoid
- Elevates and protrudes the lower lip. Allows for pouting.
- Covers the occipital region of the skull.
- Enables the human being to smile.
- Extends and rotates the head.
- splenius capitis
You must Login or Register to add cards