Glossary of Mrs. J's Unit 2
Other Decks By This User
- a singer or poet in early times, or any poet or storyteller
- deeply affected, or weakened as if pierced by many holes
- by chance
- directly after that
- pleasantly old fashioned
- having a notched edge
- scorn or ridicule
- striking hard
- in an anxious way
- made up on the spur of the moment
- 100 years
- 10 years
- to do in an unsure manner
- Deep and narrow grooves, usually dug in the ground.
His face was lined with wrinkles that looked like ______ in a plowed field.
- admitted into a society or group.
He was ______ into the National Honor Society yesterday.
- starchy, edible roots somewhat like sweet potatoes
I enjoy _____ much better than sweet potatoes.
- a person that sells things, a seller
Did you buy that pretzel from the street ______?
- shaping metal by heating it in a fire and hammering it
to sign someone else's name as if it is yours.
The blacksmith was_____ the horses shoe.
- newcomer to the frontier
A feeble-looking stranger from the city, a real _____ was traveling by stagecoach to a frontier town.
- troublesome or dangerous animal
The horses kept jumping around and ____
- to talk idly
I can't stand here and _____ with a disinterested student.
- temper, anger
Relax! don't get you ______ up.
- reached the top of
I could see the sunset as we _____ the hill.
The string was a ______ mess when I tried to untangle it.
- Walked unsteadily, staggered
The old man________ across the street using his cane to steady himself.
- dialect, regional expression
I didn't understand that ______ when I was traveling in the south.
- fierce, violent
The captain led the soldiers into a ____ battle.
- having and exaggerated opinion of oneself.
Who would have guessed from his humble expression that he had once been a _____ young man.
- sad, discouraged, dejected
His parents were _____ when he left home.
- walked with long and energetic steps
The horses______ nimbly around the track.
- staw filled mattresses, sometimes made of wood for storing things.
Alice tossed and turned on one of the _____ she and her husband used for bedding.
You must Login or Register to add cards