Glossary of Mouth, throat, nose, and sinuses
Other Decks By This User
- apthous stomatitis
- cancker sores
- early gum disease, redness, welling, bleeding, pain.
- destruction of gums w/ loss of teeth.
- thin, watery, clear, nasal drainage
- problems swallowing
- grinding of the teeth
- upper and lower incisors protrude, teeth do not fit together properly.
- precancerous leison, white
- Candida albicans
- white, curdish like patches that scrape off over reddened mucosa and bleed easily, ind. thrush
- Stensons duct
- insisde cheek, across form second molar, where the parotid glands empty
- Whartons duct
- open on either side of the frenulum under the tounge
- Parotid glands
- below and infront of the ear.
- Submandibular glands
- in the lower jaw
- Black tongue
- sign of anemia
- black, hairy tounge
- indicative of bismuth toxicity, too much PeptoBismol.
- Torus palatinus
- bony protuberance loc in the midline of the hard palate.
- irritation of the pahryngeal area poss due to post nasal drip.
- Fruity odor
- Ammonia odor
- Kidney disease
- Foul odor
- oral or resp infection, poss tooth decay
- Fecal odor
- bowel obstruction
- sulfur odor
- end stage liver disease
- Nosebleeds, usu from dryness
You must Login or Register to add cards