Glossary of Mosby Pharmacology
Other Decks By This User
- Admin. of drugbetween teeth and muccous membrane of the cheek.
- Admin. of drug into the endotracheal tube to be absorbed through the respiratory system.
- Admin. of aerosolized drug into the lungs to be absorbed through the respiratory system.
- Admin. of a drug directly in to the venous bloodstream. (usually by an IV line)
- Admin. of a drug a drug directly into muscle tissue where it is then absorbed into the bloodstream.
- The beneficial action of a drug to correct bodily dysfunction.
- A drug or other substance the combines with receptors and initiates a sequence of biochemical and physiologic responses.
- The opposition between the effects of two or more drugs.
- A condition which precludes the use of a drug.
- A reaction to contact with certain substances with characteristic symptoms.
- Abnormal reaction to a drug, peculiar to an individual
- The condition for which a drug is recommended.
- Local Effect
- Drug exerts an effect only in the area in which it is administered.
- The enhancement of the effect of a drug by another drug. The undesirable effect when 1+1=4 or more
- Side Effect
- Predictable, expected secondary reaction, often not desirable.
- Admin. of a drug into bone marrow.
- Admin. of a drug by mouth, swallows where it is abdsorbed in the intestinal tract.
- Admin. of a drug into the rectum where it is abdsorbed by the mucous membrane.
You must Login or Register to add cards