Glossary of Mod G Unit 2 Review (by Jennifer)
Created by jenimarie
- Organizing the administrative duties by categories to organize the office is the _____ approach to _____ _____.
- Systems, Office Management
- Why are staff meetings important?
- Overall, maintaining communication between staff and management.
- To provide positive motivation, encouragement, and areas to improve are the primary purposes of the _____ _____
- Performance Evaluation
- 3 physical characteristics of professional appearance
- 1) Careful Grooming
2) Good Hygiene
3) Correct Dress
- 5 community resources a receptionist may provide patient with information
- 1) Social Services Agencies
2) Home care and visiting health care organizations
3) Associations that provide support for specific diseases
4) Computer, CD-ROM, Internet resources
5) Books, literature, articles, journals, brochures.
- If the office manager is ____, the office is usually organized and employees are less stressed.
- This manual includes information on how tasks are performed in a particular practice
- Office Procedure Manual
- This manual includes information for the employee about the employer-employee relationship, the work environment, and the expectations of a particular medical facility
- Personnel (Employee) Policy Manual
- Will a medical assistant ever be asked to assist the physician with research when he or she is writing a paper or speech?
- The parts of the computer that you can see or touch
- Set or sets of instructions that allow the computer to perform its functions
- Software or program
- 5 security techniques when working with a computer system
- 1) Monitor should be positioned so that it cannot be easily seen by patients
2) Restrict access to patient records to authorized people only
3) Use a firewall, antivirus, defragmentation, clearing cookies & internet history
4) Have each employee have their own strong, secure password.
5) Backing up data regularly.
- Name 5 disasters that you may deal with in a medical office
- 1) Fires
- During an emergency, _____, never run.
- In the medical office hallways, you should always walk on the _____
- Right side
- In the medical office floors need to be kept _____ and _____
- Clean, Clear
- The medical assistant should always wear shoes that cover the _____ _____
- Entire Foot
- What does RACE stand for?
- R - Remove (Get people out)
A - Activate Alarm (Pull the nearest alarm)
C - Contain (Close off the area with the fire by closing a door)
E - Extinguish (If the fire is not too large, use a fire extinguisher to put out the fire)
- Keeping equipment _____ is an important part of electrical safety
- 4 kinds of medical waste
- 1) Chemical
- Because the medical assistant moves, lifts, and carries many things, correct _____ _____ must be performed to prevent injury.
- Body Mechanics
- 3 things that should be included in an efficient office design
- 1) Examination Rooms (Only furnished with what is needed for examinations)
2) Room Temperature (74 degrees F)
3) Bathrooms (Clearly marked, wheelchair and handicapped accessible)
- What is the purpose of the ADA?
- To provide clear and comprehensive national mandate for the elimination of discrimination against individuals with disabilities.
- _____ is the science that deals with people’s performance and good health while carrying out job tasks.
You must Login or Register to add cards