Glossary of Mitosis Chapter 5
Other Decks By This User
- What is heredity(huh RED ut ee)?
- Heredity- Is the passing of traits from parent to offspring.
- What is alleles (uh LEELZ)?
- Alleles- different forms of the same gene
- What is dominant?
- Dominant- the form of a trait that appears to dominate or mask another form of the same trait.
- What is genetic engineering?
- Genetic- technology for changing a gene.
- What is genetics?
- Genetics- the study of heredity.
- What is genome?
- Genome- a map of the location of individual genes on every chromosome of an individual.
- What is genotype?
- Genotype- the genetic makeup of an organism for a trait.
- What's heterozygous(het uh roh ZI gus)?
- Heterozygous- an organism that has two diffrerent
- What is homozygous? (ho muh ZI gus)
- homozygous- an organism that has two identical alleles for trait.
- What is incomplete dominance?
- incomplete dominance- when a form intermediate between those of two parents appears
- What is what is multiple alleles?
- multiple alleles- haveing more than two alleles that control a trait.
- What is pedigree?
- pedigree- shows the patturn of gene inheritance in a family.
- What is phenotype?
- phenotype- a physical trait that shows as a result of an organism's particular genotype.
You must Login or Register to add cards