Glossary of Microbiology chapter 4 review
Other Decks By This User
- Name the 4 shapes of Cell mophology?
- Cocci:- Round or spheres
- The shape of cell morphology is maintained by what?
- Peptidoglycan cell wall
- Cell is covered by what?
- Cell or plasma membrane
- What is cell wall composed of?
Outer membrane in some bacteria
- Name the stuctures inside the cell covering?
Cesicles or inclusions
- What is the functions of ribosome?
- IT is the site for protein synthesis.
- What are the 70s ribosomes composed of?
- 30s and 50s subunits.
- What does the "S" in "30s,50s,70s ribosomes" stand for?
- The "S" stands for sedimentation coefficient or Svediberg Unit.
- What is the functions of Nucleoid regions?
- It is the area containing the bacteria chromosome.
- What is bacteria chromosome?
- IT is a circular DNA containing most genes for the bacteria structure and function.
- What is Plasmid?
- It is a small circular extrachromosomal DNA capable of independent replications & carries gene for resistance & or fertility.
- What are the 2 types of Plasmid?
- What is the funtions of R-plasmid?
- It carries gene for resistance against chemicals & drugs.
- What are the functions of F-plasmid?
- It contain genes that enhance fertility & gen transfer in conjugation or suxductions. (passing information from one DNA to another.
- What does F-Plasmid encode?
- Pili:-a bridge used to transfer DNA from F+ to F-.
You must Login or Register to add cards