Glossary of Microbiology Metabolism Lecture 2
Other Decks By This User
- Which one releases energy a catabolic reaction or an anabolic reaction, or both?
- A Catabolic reaction release energy.
- Define a catabolic reaction?
- Catabolic reaction breaks down complex molecule transfer energy to ATP
- What are the basic goals of catabolic reaction?
- The goal of a catabolic reaction is to get a little ATP and obtain the basic building blocks.
- What are the products of a catabolic reaction?
- The products of a catabolic reaction are CO2, H2O and release of energy for anabolic reaction
- Chemotrophs obtain energy by what reaction and from what?
- Chemotrophs obtain energy by oxidation, of organic molecules.
- What is the classification of organism that obtains their energy form light and have chlorophyll?
- Phototrophs obtain their energy from light and have chlorophyll.
- What is the cause of the energy released from ATP?
- The high energy bonds of the phosphates, ATP -ADP lost of third Phosphate but the loss of the last two and the phosphate are negatively charged.
- Name some purposes for ATP?
- To add energy to a reaction for building up, anabolic; store energy derived from food, activate molecules by addition of PO4 group
- What happens to the activiation energy when an enzyme is reacting?
- Activation energy goes down when enzymes are reacting.
- What is the protein portion of the enzyme?
- The apoenzyme is the proteini portion fo the enzyme.
- What is the non protein portion of the enzyme?
- The cofactor is the non protein portion of the enzyme.
- What is the name of the material or substance an enzyme works on?
- The enzyme works on the substrate.
- What influences the reaction of an enzyme?
- Temperature, PH, and the substrate concentration influence an enzymes reation.
You must Login or Register to add cards