Glossary of Microbiology 10
Other Decks By This User
- Ghon complex
- parenchymal exudative lung lesion and the draining lymph nodes in M. tuberculosis
- what organism produces niacin?
- M. tubercolosis
- what is the mainstay of treatment for leprosy?
- which bacteria resemble fungi?
- Actinomycetes are true bacteria but they form long, branching filaments that resemble the hyphae of fungi
- treatment for actinomyces israelii (actinomycosis)
- penicillin G, coupled with surgical drainage
- treatment of choice for N. asteroides infection
- which are more sensitive to heat, drying, detergents, lipid solvents -- enveloped or naked viruses?
- enveloped viruses
- T/F Virtually all viruses that are transmitted by the fecal-oral route do not have an envelope
e.g. Hep A, poliovirus, Norwalk virus, rotavirus
- what is the one DNA virus that has a single-stranded DNA genome?
- where does influenza virus synth its progeny genome?
- in the nucleus
- name four important human pathogens of the paramyxoviruses group
- (1) measles
- what are the three RNA viruses without an envelope?
- picornaviruses, caliciviruses, and reoviruses
- owl's eye inclusion
- what are the three main NNRTI's to remember?
- Nevirapine, Delavirdine, Efavirenz
- Memory device. Acyclovir & Bicycle.
- Picture Acyclovir bicycle riding all over HSV-1, HSV-2, and VZV. Also bicycle "chain" --> acyclovir is a chain-terminating drug
You must Login or Register to add cards