Glossary of Microbiology: Chapter 8
Other Decks By This User
- a. Enzyme can be defined ____________________________________
- as biocatalyst which carries out specific chemical reaction without altering itself permanently
- Metabolism is the act of balancing ___________________ in the living system.
- Which one of the following is responsible for feedback inhibition?
b. Last enzyme in the pathway
c. Competitive inhibitor
d. End product
- End product
- Some of the enzymes have specific site where noncompetitive inhibitors can bind. This site is called,
a. Binding site
b. Inhibition site
c. Allosteric site
d. Substrate site
- Allosteric site
- Ribozyme acts upon the substrate,
d. RNA molecules
- RNA molecules
- In bacteria the components of electron transport chain are located in,
a. Cell wall
d. Plasma membrane
- Plasma membrane
- Which one of the following is the most common source of energy for the anabolic biochemical reactions?
a. Amino acids
b. Fatty acids
- Which one of the following is the final electron acceptor during fermentation?
d. Organic acids
- Organic acids
- The competitive enzyme inhibitors have ________________ structure to that of ___________________ .
- similar molecular structure of of an actual substrate
- ___________, ____________, ___________________________ are the factors influencing enzyme activity.
- ions e.g. EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetra acetic acid), cyanide(iron), fluoride (calcium or magnesium)
- ______________ is the proteinic part of the enzyme while _________________ is the non proteinic part of the enzyme.
- Apoenzyme and coenzyme
You must Login or Register to add cards