Glossary of MASTER TRAINING SPECIALIST US NAVY MTS MODULE 1
Other Decks By This User
- 101.1 State the manual numbers and titles in the current
NAVEDTRA 130 series manuals.
- -NAVEDTRA 130 TASK BASED CURRICULM DEVELOPMENT MANUAL, -NAVEDTRA 131 PERSONNEL PERFORMANCE PROFILE BASED CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT MANUAL, -NAVEDTRA 134 NAVY INSTRUCTOR MANUAL AND THE NAVEDTRA 135B NAVY SCHOOL MANAGEMENT MANUAL.
- List the duties and responsibilities of the
Chief of Naval Operations (CNO),
- -Implements and supports DON Strategic goals to determine Military training requirements, feedback sys, deliver training, and fund training.
- List the duties and responsibilities of the Chief of Naval Education and
- -Monitor instructor selection, -Improve Feedback, -Revise Curriculm, -Provide feedback on Quality of training. -maintain Training pipeline
- Local Training Authority (LTA) and Shore training activities duties and responsibilities.
- -Monitor Quality of Curriculm/programs, -Ensure safety awareness, -Have ACE evaluation, -
Control Authority (CCA)duties and responsibilities.
- -Develop and revise Curriculm, -Approve instructional materials, -ACE evaluation, -Keep CNET informed.
- Course Curriculum Model Manager (CCMM) duties and responsibilities.
- -Develop, revise, and maintain course instruction. -Distribute Lesson Plans, Trainee guides, Test, Electronic Media. -Maintain master copy. -Maintain Course Audit trail. -Develop Certification of Instructors.
- Participating Activity duties and responsibilities.
- -Assist CCMM in developing and revising Curricula., -Report all training injuries.
- Describe the "A" class of specialized
- Provides Basic Knowledge and skills. May award Rate.
- Describe the "C" class of specialized
- Provides Advanced Specialized skill / knowledge / aptitude and qualification. NEC awarded.
- Describe the "F" class of specialized
- Provides Individual Functional Skills. No NEC awarded.
- 101.4 State the 3 minimum requirements (for all courses) for
- -Complete Instructor Indoc Training, -Practice teach Course, -3 Satisfactory Practice Teachings
- State the manual numbers and titles of the NAVEDTRA 130 series manuals.
- 130 Task Based Curriculum Development Manual
131 Personnel Performance Profile Based Curriculum Development Manual
134 Navy Instructor Manual
135 Navy School Management Manual
- List the responsibilities of each of the following members of the training organization structure. (CNO, CNET, CAA, CCMM, Participating Activity)
- CNO Provides policy for Human Resources and Education and Training.
CNET Improves military training and funding.
Functional Commander Responsible for monitoring training of subordinate commands.
CCA Approves and operates/maintains courses.
CCMM Keeps training material current
Participating Activity Provides assistance to the CCMM in developing and revising curriculum.
- Describe the “A,” “C,” and “F” classes of specialized training.
- Class “A” Provides basic knowledge and skills for rating entry level performance.
Class “C” Provides advanced specialized skill/knowledge to fill a particular billet (NEC)
Class “F” Provides individual functional skill or rating-specific training as required by Fleet or Type Commander
- State the 3 minimum requirements for instructor certification.
- Complete the activity’s Instructor Indoc Training
Attend, as instructor trainee, the course to be certified
Receive satisfactory evaluations of a minimum of three separate presentations as an Instructor Trainee
- How often is training on safety required for all staff?
- Discuss the categories of attrition.
- Academic attrition
Lack of classroom ability
Lack of laboratory ability
All will result in an ARB
Non- academic attrition
No ARB required
- When are ARB’s required?
- A students overall grade falls below the minimum passing grade
A student fails a retest after having received remediation on that same material
A students performance is below the expected academic progress
A student fails a test following an academic setback
- What grade will be assigned to a retest if the student passes the material resettled?
- Minimum passing grade for the course.
- State the 6 phases of the curriculum development/revision process.
- Who determines what standard will be used for a curriculum revision?
- The Curriculum Control Authority will determine which standard will be used.
- Who is responsible for maintaining a course audit trail? A master record?
- Maintenance of the course audit trail is the responsibility of the CCMM.
CISO is responsible for maintaining the master record
- What are the two purposes of Instructor Evaluations?
- Technical qualification of the Instructor
Technique of the Instructor
- The student critique program is divided into what three areas?
- Critique of the Instructors
Critique of the Course
Critique of Quality of Life Issues
- How often will a Formal Course Review (FCR) be conducted?
No course review cycle will exceed three years
- Name the five types of test.
- The evaluation of the classroom instructor is divided into what four areas?
- The evaluation of the laboratory Instructor is divided into what four areas?
- Name the Appendices found in the NAVEDTRA 135.
- Appendix A Formal Training Paths
Appendix B Testing Plan
Appendix C Classroom Evaluation Procedures
Appendix D Laboratory Evaluation Procedures
Appendix E Student Critique Forms
Appendix F Safety Review Checklist
Appendix G Attrition/Setback
Appendix H Formal Course Review
Appendix I Navy Training Feedback System Form
You must Login or Register to add cards