Glossary of Literature and Compostion Unit 7 Literary Terms
Other Decks By This User
- What is an authentic biography?
- It is a biography that attempts to give only factual information of a person's life.
- What is an autobiography?
- It is a literary work in a person relates the story of his or her own life.
- What is a bibliography?
- It is a list of all the works consulted in the creation of a piece of writing.
- What is biographical fiction?
- It is a biography that relies more on the imagination of the author than on verifiable facts.
- What is a biography?
- It is a literary work that tells the story of one person.
- What is a citation?
- It is the process of indicating sources from which information was gathered.
- What is a collective biography?
- It is a biography that features brief sketches of several people with something in common or that weaves the life stories of several people into a single work.
- What is a complete biography?
- It is a biography that covers the subject's life from birth to death.
- What is fiction?
- It is a literary work that is mostly a product of the writer's imagination.
- What is fictionalized biography?
- It is biography that dramatizes the events in the life of its subject.
- What is history writing?
- It is writing that records and explains past events.
- What is a letter?
- It is a written communication directed to a specific individual or group.
- What is nonfiction?
- It is a literary work that is mostly not a product of the writer's imagination.
- What is an open-ended question?
- It is a question to which there is no single answer.
- What is a partial biography?
- It is a biography that focuses on one stage or aspect of a person's life.
- What is a personal essay?
- It is a literary work in which the writer explores his or her own thoughts, usually as they relate to an organizing idea or subject.
- What is plagiarism?
- It is presenting someone else's ideas, research, or writing as your own.
- What is a primary source?
- It is a first-hand record of a person, place, or event that has not been interpreted by another writer.
- What is a secondary source?
- It is a work in which a writer has collected and interpreted primary sources.
- What is speech?
- It is verbal communication.
- What is a works-cited list?
- It is a list of the works to which a writer makes direct reference in a piece of writing.
You must Login or Register to add cards