Glossary of Literature and Composition Unit 8 Literary Terms
Other Decks By This User
- What is an argument?
- It is a collection of evidence assembled to support a point of view.
- What is deductive reasoning?
- It is a kind of argument in which one draws general conclusions from specific observations.
- What is an editorial?
- It is another term for opinion piece.
- What is ethos?
- It is the character, or persona, of the writer as perceived by the reader.
- What is inductive reasoning?
- It is a kind of argument in which one draws specific conclusions from general observations.
- What is logic?
- It is the process of using reason to come up with new information based on existing information.
- What is logos?
- It refers to the logical content of communication.
- What is op-ed?
- It is short for "opinion-editorial".
- What is an opinion piece?
- It is a short article or essay in which the writer expresses his or her thoughts and feelings about a particular issue.
- What is pathos?
- It is the anticipated emotional reaction of the audience to the content of a speech or a written work.
- What is rhetoric?
- It is the art of persuasion.
- What is syllogism?
- It is a kind of deductive reasoning consisting of a conclusion derived logically from two propositions.
- What is a value?
- An idea or principle recognized as important, desirable, or necessary.
You must Login or Register to add cards