Glossary of Lewis Dot Stucture Steps
Other Decks By This User
- All atoms except __ have ___ electrons.
- All atoms except Hydrogen have 8 electrons.
- Atoms have ___ formal charge unless otherwise specified.
- Atoms have 0 formal charge unless otherwise stated.
- Show _______ electrons.
- Show lone pair/nonbonding electrons.
- After showing _____ electrons, show _____ bonds.
- After showing lone pair electrons, show multiple bonds.
- Only ______ electrons are used in electron configuration.
- Only valence electrons are used in electron configuration.
- Lewis dot structures should have as much _________ as possible.
- Lewis dot structures should have as much symmetry as possible.
- Electronegativity increases as you move ___________ and ___________ across the periodic table.
- Electronegativity increases as you move left to right and down to up across the periodic table.
- Electronegative _______ electrons.
- Electronegative attracts electrons.
- _____________ attracts electrons.
- Electropositive attracts electrons.
- Formal charge = _______ - ____________
- Formal charge = # of valence electrons -(# of unshared electrons + 1/2 # of shared electrons)
You must Login or Register to add cards