Glossary of Language Development Cards
Other Decks By This User
- The production of individual sounds in connected speech
- Repetition of consonant-vowel combinations in play.
- Expressive language
- Gestures, sounds, and words used to communicate to others.
- Capability of being understood, even by a stranger. A child may have many articulation errors but his speech may still be understood.
- Changes in volume or quality used in connected speed to add meaning.
- The use of associated meaningless syllables with speech inflection patterns; production of sentence like utterances without using words.
- To give an example for you child to imitate, such as naming objects or phrases.
- Receptive language
- The ability to understand what is being communicated by others.
- To express something in words.
- Vocalize .
- To produce consonant or vowel speech sounds, or to use words
You must Login or Register to add cards