Glossary of LHHS OCAD music mozart 4
Other Decks By This User
- What is Mozart's style in the Magic Flute?
- Marvel of simplicity: the orchestration is light, the melodies have little adornment, and exotic beauty permeates them.
- Who is the composer of Die Zauberflote?
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- "at 3:17, the strong dissonance on the word "Nacht" is resolved" what is Nacht in English?
- Who is Papageno?
- a clownish character who was caught trying to escape from a temple
- Who is Pamina?
- a princess who tried to escape from a temple with Papageno.
- Who wrote The Magic Flute's libretto?
- impresario Emanuel Schikaneder (1751-1812)
- The Magie Flute is a work of such ___ and ____.
a. bore and lame
b. techno and future
c. primitive and age
d. richness and beauty
- richness, beauty
- What does excerpt begin with in second act finale?
- reunion of Tamino with Pamina, who is allowed to join Tamino in the trial and herself become an initiate in SArastro's order.
- During one episode of second act finale, Mozart modifies the ____
- didactic tone
- What is a rhythm?
- temporal organization of sounds and silences.
- List the tempos from slow to fast
- Largo-> Larghetto-> Adagio-> Andante->Allegro->Presto
- What is the difference between accelerando and ritardando?
- accelerando indicates that the music should gradually gain speed and ritardando indicates a gradual slowing of the tempo
- identify the function of each scales (degree1-7)
- 1. Tonic 2. Supertonic 3. Mediant 4. Subdominant 5. dominant 6. Submediant 7. Leading tone
- What is the most prominent scale used in Western music?
- Major scale
- Define major scale
- a diatonic scale that has half steps (semitones) between the third and fourth tones and between the seventh and eight tones and whole steps between the other adjacent tones.
- Define Minor scale
- diatonic and that the distance between the first and third notes is three semitones
You must Login or Register to add cards